Holiday Inn

Talk about your Lake George area accommodations, or ask about a certain place.

Moderator: Site Admin

15fatboy

Holiday Inn

Postby 15fatboy » Sat May 06, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm heading up 6/8 from Ct staying at the holiday inn.I have never been to amaricade,I figured spend a few more bucks at this hotel to stay close to the action.I will scope it out for next year and find out if it worth it.

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: Holiday Inn

Postby WCLamb » Sun May 07, 2017 9:43 am

15fatboy wrote:I'm heading up 6/8 from Ct staying at the holiday inn.I have never been to amaricade,I figured spend a few more bucks at this hotel to stay close to the action.I will scope it out for next year and find out if it worth it.

Daniel -
You won't go wrong staying at the Holiday Inn, but depending on your age and physical condition, walking around town and then walking back to the Holiday Inn at the end of the evening might be a challenge, as it's a bit of a hike. Next year you might consider staying at Fort William Henry to be a little closer, since FWH IS the Americade HQ and site for many demo rides, seminars, comedy show, etc.

I suggest getting a "PP" for your bike (purchased from the Village personnel when you exit registration) which allows you to park in any metered space for the week without having to feed the meters) and riding into town, parking along Canada Street (the main street through town) so you can ride back to your motel at day's end. After roaming up and down Canada Street all evening, you'll want the convenience of having your bike to ride back to the motel.

My recommendation: spend some time during your first Americade learning the "lay of the land" around Lake George and where things are. Check out a motel or two that look appealing to you and request to see a typical room (usually allowed during housekeeping activities) and inquire about the rates and minimum stay duration while you're there, obviously because you're looking for the following year. It'll be time well-spent.

15fatboy

Postby 15fatboy » Sun May 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks for the imput...Very much appreciated!

harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com

Postby harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com » Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 pm

WC,

I am staying this year at the H.I. First time staying in town. We usually camp up in Warrensburg. You talked about he walk from downtown to the H.I. I thought that you could grab the shuttle either in the lot of very close. If I am mistaken, please let me know

Thanks

T

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Thu May 11, 2017 11:07 pm

harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com wrote:"...I thought that you could grab the shuttle either in the lot of very close. If I am mistaken, please let me know..."

I haven't used the trolleys because they seem to me to be few and far between. I do see them on the road but not on any reliable schedule, and when the traffic in town is heavy, they don't go any faster than traffic will allow. If it's your only way home at day's end, then it might be worth waiting for. It's just not for me.

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Fri May 12, 2017 6:31 am

harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com wrote:WC,

I am staying this year at the H.I. First time staying in town. We usually camp up in Warrensburg. You talked about he walk from downtown to the H.I. I thought that you could grab the shuttle either in the lot of very close. If I am mistaken, please let me know

Thanks

T

The walk to the Holiday Inn is really not that bad just .5 miles from the main intersection at Beach Road. It is also very safe with sidewalks on both sides and there will be a lot of folks out and about during Americade. If you are OK walking in general it should be no problem. We stay just beyond the High School and will frequently walk up to the Holiday Inn when there are bikes to see in town. Actually Americade is when I get the most exercise :mrgreen:

Many years we have walked up to Holiday Inn to register.
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

Return to “Accommodations”