What happened to the Banter Board?

Social Banter between Cybercaders on non-Americade Subjects.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

Ryck

What happened to the Banter Board?

Postby Ryck » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:01 am

I went to see if there were any new jokes or funny stories but not only are they gone but the folder is locked.

What happened??

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: What happened to the Banter Board?

Postby WCLamb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:41 am

Ryck -
Not sure about any "lock" on the CyberCaders forum, and it's obvious to me that since we are both capable of posting a message here, that it's OK to do so. It's a shame that years and years worth of jokes and stories are gone (perhaps archived?) but maybe that will give rise to a whole new generation of humor. I can only guess that an over-abundance of server space was being paid for, and in an effort to cut down on routine expenses, a significant amount of data was deleted.

strix

Postby strix » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 am

I believe that Ryck is referring to the fact that the General Banter Board has been moved to the 'announcements' section of the page and is locked. I know I was surprised after a 4 year hiatus to come back to this Board to find that it had been purged, I posted very little, but did 'troll' and was both educated and entertained by the banter across the panels. Questions arise as to when and why this board slowed and changed, but I do wish that it continue to exist, though participation seems to have been significantly reduced. It will be interesting to see how much the expo itself has changed.

Now if we could get this weather to warmup, I have tents, sleeping bags and more to unpack, a bike to renew acquaintance with and an expo to attend.

Good riding to all
~stix

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:29 pm

strix wrote:I believe that Ryck is referring to the fact that the General Banter Board has been moved to the 'announcements' section of the page and is locked.
~strix

Al & Ryck -
I believe the confusion (appearance of a locked forum) is a mis-representation. (Is that a nicer way of saying the mark was missed?)

The lock you see is ONLY for the Announcements section, and not for the forum itself. The information "behind the lock" was the general rules for using the CyberCaders forum -- to keep things civil. That announcement has existed since April 14, 2004. It's not a recent change. I fully believe that the prior content of the CyberCaders forum was archived (or maybe deleted) and that nothing has been locked -- posting to the forum is still available; anything new just isn't adding to the old pages and pages of jokes and stories.

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 am

I see. Too bad the old jokes and stories are gone.

Every once in a while I go back and have a re-laugh similar to re-watching episodes of The Honeymooners.

Well, change is inevitable and times change.

:)

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 am

Ryck wrote:"...change is inevitable..."

EXCEPT from a vending machine!

Maybe we can get the old "General Banter" content (all 100 + pages) reinstated/resurrected? And if not ALL of it, maybe part of it? It may not be forever gone...

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:45 pm

WCLamb wrote:EXCEPT from a vending machine!

Maybe we can get the old "General Banter" content (all 100 + pages) reinstated/resurrected? And if not ALL of it, maybe part of it? It may not be forever gone...

HA HA!

Let' see. Maybe one day I peek in and it's there. :)

Return to “CyberCaders”