Trevor Craven

Social Banter between Cybercaders on non-Americade Subjects.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

George

Trevor Craven

Postby George » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Just received some bad news. Long time staffer Trevor Craven passed away last night. He came down from Canada for many years to staff Americade, and was one of the best, nicest guys in the world. Always a smile and a good word for everyone. He will be greatly missed. http://www.brockandvisser.com/book-of-m ... ation&id=1

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: Trevor Craven

Postby WCLamb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 am

Sad news, and it disturbs me greatly. Trevor was one of the first friends that Mary and I made when we began attending Americade back in '99, and he was like a fixture around Lake George during the rally. My earliest recollections are of Trevor being instrumental in lining up all the paraders atop Prospect Mountain to create the "Living Logo" year after year, when the parade route ended atop the hill. We missed him for a few years for "undisclosed reasons" but welcomed him back when he returned. Easy-going but mostly serious when he had a job to do, he always had smiles to spread around. It's a shame to think we won't be seeing him any more.

Like Bob Dylan wrote back in the 60s: The Times, They Are A-Changin' and it's an unfortunate thought that many of the old familiar faces we expected to be there -- forever -- are leaving this realm for good, not to be seen again. I'm sure many of the old-timers who have been coming to Americade for the last 20-30 years will remember Trevor fondly. R.I.P. and Godspeed Trevor. You will be missed by those who knew you, and your passing may be regretted by those who never did get to know one of our Canadian ambassadors.

cybercader
Location: People's Republic of Massachusetts/ The Still Great State of Florida

Postby cybercader » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:36 pm

He was one of the faces that helped define Americade; always there and always expected. Godspeed Trevor.
ImageImageImage

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Cherrie

Postby Cherrie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:04 pm

Oh no! He was a very special person, and I will miss him.

The Menace

Postby The Menace » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:34 am

I haven't posted in awhile due to many and various reasons but this gets me out of the shadows. I will very much miss Trevor. He was one of the most kindest, nicest, open, and even tempered people I have ever known. With Sonny, Brad, John, Sam, and now Trevor gone a LOT of the heart of Amricade has left us.Unfortunately this is the price paid for getting older. The trusted, familiar, and comfortable friends leave us. I will miss Trevor very much. I also pass to his family my deepest sympathies and condolences.
Dennis

2000 BMW R1100RP 1982 GS1100G
1978 GS1000E 1982 GS1100GK
1999 BMW R1100RP 2008 R1200RT
1991 Honda ST1100

rotnlab

Postby rotnlab » Sun May 14, 2017 7:36 pm

How sad. We always looked forward to visiting with Trever. He was a special person, A fixture of Americade.
rotnlab

Return to “CyberCaders”