Creating mounting points

Social Banter between Cybercaders on non-Americade Subjects.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

Ryck

Creating mounting points

Postby Ryck » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 pm

...Anyone knows of ways and tricks to add mounting points on a bike that bungee cords can use?...

My only suggestion: Add the Honda luggage rack. It's small, EXPENSIVE, and rather irregularly shaped, but at least provides a place to carry a small object atop the trunk. I find many inadequacies compared to my 1500 but it's a compromise for having lost confidence in using my clutch. The DCT automatic keeps me riding.

Apologies for your original post vanishing when I responded, Ryck... no idea why the original disappeared.

cybercader
Location: People's Republic of Massachusetts/ The Still Great State of Florida

Re: Creating mounting points

Postby cybercader » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:32 pm

You could try these:

https://rokstraps.com/pages/rok-moto

They are elastic, like bungee cords, but are flat and loop back on themselves so they can fit into and secure to frame members where a solid hook cannot.

Paul
ImageImageImage

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Mainah

Postby Mainah » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:15 am

Check in with the guys at Twisted Throttle. They are the experts when it comes to touring, sport touring and adventure accessories. I'm sure they can set you up. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Ryck wrote:...Anyone knows of ways and tricks to add mounting points on a bike that bungee cords can use?...

My only suggestion: Add the Honda luggage rack. It's small, EXPENSIVE, and rather irregularly shaped, but at least provides a place to carry a small object atop the trunk. I find many inadequacies compared to my 1500 but it's a compromise for having lost confidence in using my clutch. The DCT automatic keeps me riding.

Apologies for your original post vanishing when I responded, Ryck... no idea why the original disappeared.

I wondered what happened. Thanks for restoring my post and the suggestion. I'll pass it along.

At first I didn't notice but his Goldwing has such smooth lines in the body work you really had to be imaginative in how to make any bungee cord work.

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Mainah wrote:Check in with the guys at Twisted Throttle. They are the experts when it comes to touring, sport touring and adventure accessories. I'm sure they can set you up. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/

Thanks but the thought I had was to create hard points to the bike in places where he can use bungee cords to carry something, anything, on the back seat.

Mounting a luggage rack to the top of a topcase is an idea.

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:05 pm

cybercader wrote:You could try these:

https://rokstraps.com/pages/rok-moto

They are elastic, like bungee cords, but are flat and loop back on themselves so they can fit into and secure to frame members where a solid hook cannot.

Paul

Interesting! I'll pass this along to my friend. Thanks.

RadianGuy

Postby RadianGuy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 pm

I love Rok Straps. 100% better than ordinary bungees. In addition to using them for the bike, I used some last weekend to strap some camping gear to the roof rack of my Outback. BTW, Aerostich sells cheap nylon "Frame Loops" which can be used to create mount points for bungee cords.

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:58 pm

RadianGuy wrote:I love Rok Straps. 100% better than ordinary bungees. In addition to using them for the bike, I used some last weekend to strap some camping gear to the roof rack of my Outback. BTW, Aerostich sells cheap nylon "Frame Loops" which can be used to create mount points for bungee cords.

Cool

Return to “CyberCaders”