Welcome to the Trike & 3-wheeler message board

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

How long have you ridden a Trike or other 3-wheeler?

1 year
39%
2 years
11%
3 years
33%
4 or more years
17%

Total votes: 18

Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the Trike & 3-wheeler message board

Postby Site Admin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:12 pm

In response to the growing number of Americaders with trikes and other 3-wheel motorcycles, here's a message board just for you. :idea:

Enjoy it and feel free to ask any question, or make any statement, (subject to good taste, good judgement, etc, etc.)

Your 3-wheel-loving moderator. 8)
Last edited by Site Admin on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiritdream

Postby Spiritdream » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:26 pm

WooHoo!! Thanks!! :D

Dave of Bethany

Postby Dave of Bethany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:32 pm

8) I don't have one either, but may need one soon! My woman says she'll ride one with me, but not the Wing, which seems to tip over too much, when I take it out! Good pictures, and ideas! TTYL!
Dave and MidgeImage
'71 Honda 750 CB
'86 Honda Aspencade 1200
Attended 2002, 2006

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: Welcome to the new Trike & 3-wheeler message board

Postby WCLamb » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:56 am

Site Admin wrote:In response to the growing number of Americaders with trikes and other 3-wheel motorcycles, here's a message board just for you. :idea:

Enjoy it and feel free to ask any question, or make any statement, (subject to good taste, good judgement, etc, etc.)

Your 3-wheel-loving moderator. 8)

Too bad your poll didn't have a catagory for < 1 year. Them Peggy (Cubbear) could have logged in (and maybe some others, too)! :wink:

Whitebeard

Postby Whitebeard » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:47 am

Dave of Bethany wrote: 8) I don't have one either, but may need one soon! My woman says she'll ride one with me, but not the Wing, which seems to tip over too much, when I take it out! Good pictures, and ideas! TTYL!

I added the InstaTrike a couple of years ago (ordered it at Americade). Now my wife ASKS to go for a ride. She and I just love it.
:lol: :D :lol:
Image a.k.a. "Santa"

member of FORBS
(Fraternal Order of Real Bearded Santas) and Clan Claus Society

Keeping the "Twinkle" in my eye and the Spirit of Christmas in my Heart

wmckiern

Postby wmckiern » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:33 am

I have only been on my "trike" for less than a year. Looking forward to meeting some others at Americade this year. I will be my 9th Americade. All of the others were on Two Wheels

Cobrasigns

Postby Cobrasigns » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:59 pm

Been on 2 wheels for ever. Developed knee problems this year and had the chance to get a VW trike. Is a VW trike considered a bike ? We'll for me it is. Haven't ridden it yet. ( to cold up north ) It don't have a heater, YET, LOL. Have been going to Americade for 15 years on 2 wheels. Looking forward to showing up on 3 this year. Hope I made the right decision. We'll at least my hair is still in the wind. The little bit that I have. Happy Holidays to everyone. By for now.

Spiritdream

Postby Spiritdream » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:31 am

Jack, how common are the VW trikes in your area? I live in Central MA and don't see many trikes around at all, much less VW ones. I've seen a few of the GW-type conversions - not many, but a few more every year - but I've only seen one VW-type.

I'm just curious if they're more common in your area (trikes in general, that is).
Cheri
2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard/Lehman Tramp Trike
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

Let your dreams run wild....be brave enough to follow...Author Unknown

Cobrasigns

VW Trikes

Postby Cobrasigns » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:49 am

In the Northeast vw trikes aren't too common but are gaining popularity. I think the main reason is cost. I just bought a trike in real good shape that had the vw motor just rebuilt for 5,000.00. A small price compared to a converted motorcycle at 10-30 thousand. Before buying it I did extensive research. It's best to find a factory made frame so it will track and handle better. I guess there is a chance of pulling the front wheel of the ground if you're a little quick on the clutch. But it's said that you can start out in second gear to prevent this. I guess the downfall is that they get 20-30 miles per gallon as opposed to 40+ on a motorcycle trike. I haven't rode mine much yet, but it is very comfy. We'll see. I have been a Harley rider for years. Having trouble with a knee so I decided to go this way. Who knows, I'll still have the wind in what little hair a have. It is hard to find a factory made vw trike. There isn't too many company's that still make them. Boom and a couple of UK company's still make them but are little expensive, but still are cheaper than the motorcycle converted trikes new. Hey, sold my Harley, got a vw trike and put money in my pocket to boot. We'll see. I think it's going to be fun.

Cobrasigns

VW Trikes

Postby Cobrasigns » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:50 am

Sorry for the late responce. I've been on vacation. Below is what I know and think.
[/img]

clannish

Trikes are common

Postby clannish » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:30 pm

I am from the greater Boston area of MA. There are a few trikes and a few conversions kit bikes around. The most popular of the conversion kits is the Voyager. I have had mine for a 3 rd season this spring. It is not the best of rides but it does work well and has made it possible for me to ride where ever I want to. It is about $4.500 for a bare kit and add a $1,00.00 for the lights and other parts. If you get one be sure to have the "belly plate" installed properly. It is the foundation of this kit and if it is installed off center you will have all kinds of stress fracture problems to other parts of the kit. I am not a Voyager salesman. Just want to put in a recommendation that Voyager is a cheaper way to go until you can afford the $25-30,000 full trike. I am also the organizer of the Greater Boston Trike Riders Group which can be viewed on www.meetup.com. I hope to get all the trike riders in and around Boston together for rides and of course to Americade. Last year I was a loner on my trike and even stayed at the "host hotel" that turned out to be a bummer since there were not more than 3-4 trikes there. This year I hope to be with a herd and ride in the wind with a bunch of happy Americaders on Trikes.

Return to “Trikes & 3-Wheelers”