Trike Gathering

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

tis

Trike Gathering

Postby tis » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:01 pm

What happened to the Trike get together? I was under the impression that people were to meet on Thursday a.m. at the Diner.

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:35 am

I heard nothing about a Trike get together. We'll need to plan this . Maybe post something on the board at RBR.
Last edited by ladyff1481 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tis

Trike gathering

Postby tis » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 pm

I agree, at one time it was mentioned to meet at the Diner up by the Holiday Inn on Wed. & Fri., then I was told there was a posting on the board at Roaring Brook that it was changed to Thursday, Well bottom line, I had a Hell of a week regardless. Next year we'll have to plan better.....

Dale L W

Postby Dale L W » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:52 am

I like Tis didn't hear about it, but had a great time.

clannish

Trike Gathering

Postby clannish » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:46 pm

let's face it trikers......there are tours, demos, vendors, poker runs, etc. But it is all coordinated around two wheelers. The powers that be in the Trike world at americade are not looking out for Trikers at all. We may have a good time individually or a few friends here and there but as a group of riders we are left out in the cold. There should be tours, mini tours, poker runs, demos all for trikers and if the two wheelers want to join in that is fine. Trikers International should step up to the plate and organize some activities on a scehduled time and date so we can get to meet and ride together. use some of the membership dues for us.

TJNY

Postby TJNY » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:50 am

I guess Sirpeter or Pete Woodruff isn't able to organize!!!
YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS, BUT YOU CAN BUY A MOTORCYCLE AND THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE!!! BORN TO RIDE!!!

Spiritdream

Postby Spiritdream » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:45 am

Unfortunately, $$$ wouldn't allow me to go this year, but I'm already saving for next year!! I believe you'll find more planned for trikes next year - there is new "management" in TRI (note the 2 trike courses this year at Americade), and I'm sure they'll be more involved. I think part of the problem has been a lack of participation in TRI with trikers in the Northeast - they haven't been that common around here until recently. With triking taking off up here, and more "triker" activity on the various forums (Americade, TRI, Trike Talk, etc) I'm sure TRI and Americade will both start having more things planned for us.

Anyway, that's my two cents, for whatever little it's worth, with a sprinkling of crossed fingers and wishing thrown in. :wink:
Cheri
2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard/Lehman Tramp Trike
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

Let your dreams run wild....be brave enough to follow...Author Unknown

bsickels

Re: Trike Gathering

Postby bsickels » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:40 am

We are first timers to Americade this year. Would like to meet other trike owners and ride. Please post when and where there will be a Trike meeting. We will be there. Also, we will be staying at the Lake George RV Park. Anyone staying there to?

Spiritdream

Postby Spiritdream » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:33 am

Hi there! I started a new post for the 2011 gathering. Keep an eye on this one for details, updates, etc. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7180

Look forward to seeing you there! :)
Cheri
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

voyagerrider

Postby voyagerrider » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi there...coming up with my voyager trike..would love to get together with other trikers...

Spiritdream

Postby Spiritdream » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Voyagerrider! A bunch of trikers are getting together for breakfast at Long Shots at 10am on Saturday. Come join us!! I believe some are planning a ride afterwards, as well. http://www.tourexpo.com/community/viewt ... =11&t=7180
Cheri
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Fellow Trikers don't forget, Trike gathering Sat. 6/12/11 at 10am at LongShots (across the street from Fort William Henry) Trikes of all types welcome. Can't wait to see everybody!

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Mon May 23, 2011 9:00 pm

ladyff1481 wrote:Fellow Trikers don't forget, Trike gathering Sat. 6/12/11 at 10am at LongShots (across the street from Fort William Henry) Trikes of all types welcome. Can't wait to see everybody!

Uhhhhh, Joanne...
Ten a.m. Saturday Morning is the start of the Americade Parade. Canada Street will be closed off, and your trike riders won't be able to get to LongShots. You might just want to pick a different time or place... You won't be able to get in or out until the parade is over... sometimes as late as 10:30-11:00, depending how fast the bikes are traveling (and if it's dry or raining)!

ADDED NOTE:
Trikes have had their own place in the Americade Parade for the last couple of years. They gather together in the parking lot of the Rite-Aid pharmacy at the corner of Route 9/9N and 9L and then come en masse, down 9L, left onto Beach Road to join in the parade as the last of the parade queue exits Westbrook Road onto Beach Road. Left on Beach, Right on Canada Street, then North on Canada Street to the 9/9N split, reverse course around the big Dunlop tire in the middle of the intersection, and go back South on Canada Street to the Prospect Mountain Parkway.

At that point, you can bail out and continue southbound. OR you can go up the Parkway -- for free -- (normally you have to pay a toll) to the top of the mountain for the BBQ, entertainment, and additional door-prize drawings. OR you can come back down the mountain and do some riding, OR head for TourExpo (final day sales?) OR do any of a hundred other things with your pals.

TJNY

Postby TJNY » Wed May 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Or ride in the parade amd exit at Longshots, you'll be on the right side pf the road to pull in, hmmmm???
YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS, BUT YOU CAN BUY A MOTORCYCLE AND THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE!!! BORN TO RIDE!!!

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Great idea TJ!

Return to “Trikes & 3-Wheelers”