Trike Gathering

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: Trike Gathering

Postby WCLamb » Fri May 27, 2011 6:06 am

ladyff1481 wrote:Great idea TJ!

You'll need to be very careful Joanne. The spectators lining the sidewalk (and frequently extending into the roadway to shoot photos) are usually wall-to-wall and 3 to 4 deep there. It may not be easy to safely peel off and pull in anywhere along the parade route. If you're not at the very back end of the parade, that can create a different problem also, since most parade riders expect all bikes to continue in the parade all the way to the top of Prospect Mountain. The earliest (and safest) opportunity to break away from the parade would be to stop at one of the scenic overlook areas on the way up the Prospect Mountain Parkway, where you can turn around and head back down the hill without upsetting the other parade riders or having spectators in the way.

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:28 am

WC I have no interest in being in the parade. I get enough bumper to bumper traffic at other times at Americade. As for get across the road, no worries we've done it before and the folks are always kind enough to let us pass through. We're in the campground across the street from the Holiday Inn and we always seem to need gas when the traffic is at peak. See you guys in a week, I'm on my way to the LG area!

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Fri May 27, 2011 7:55 am

ladyff1481 wrote:"...See you guys in a week, I'm on my way to the LG area!"

Ride safe. Watch out for distracted drivers (they're everywhere!) and we'll look forward to meeting up with you sometime after we arrive a week from Saturday.

Return to “Trikes & 3-Wheelers”