Americade

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

bikerjack

Americade

Postby bikerjack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Is it too early to think about a trike gathering.
Breakfast - we would need a restaurant with plenty of parking - Mary's Northway Diner, Queensbury
Ride - maybe to Lake Placid with lunch at Tail O' the Pup
BikerJack
MCRiderNJ@gmail.com
C (908) 432-9761
H 973-827-8949

ratfink

Re: Americade

Postby ratfink » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:47 pm

I think it is not too early to discuss a get together. May be hard to pick a time until after everyone has their event schedule at Americade set. We haven't been to the Tail O' the Pup but it sounds like something good.
Last edited by ratfink on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:41 pm

A bunch of us Americade Trikers get together Sat. morning for breakfast at Long Shots. (We'll post more as Americade draws closer.) We usually have our breakfast around the same time as the parade and for the past 2 years we've had a fabulous gathering and laughed at those adventurous souls who actually did the parade in the pouring rain!!!!!

Vintage Winger

Postby Vintage Winger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:23 pm

I own a motel here in Lake George and I also ride a trike, spoke to a friend that owns a restaurant and he does dinners mostly but said he could put on a breakfast buffet if there is enough interested. The restaurant is the Caldwell House and they have a large parking lot
Ride Like You Stole It
www.LakeGeorgeCottages.com

Ameri-helper

Postby Ameri-helper » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:03 pm

ladyff1481 wrote:A bunch of us Americade Trikers get together Sat. morning for breakfast at Long Shots. (We'll post more as Americade draws closer.) We usually have our breakfast around the same time as the parade and for the past 2 years we've had a fabulous gathering and laughed at those adventurous souls who actually did the parade in the pouring rain!!!!!

If you're considering where to eat breakfast on Saturday morning, be sure to consider "The Geico Get Up n Go" charity breakfast at Lake George High School, right in the center of Lake George Village.
United Way volunteers organize and serve it, and having done it for many years, they produce a nice big breakfast and serve you quickly. 8)

Here are the details: http://americade.com/index.php?option=com_zoo&view=item&Itemid=398
You can reserve it (and anything else your heart desires) when preregistration opens on this website later today.

TJNY

Postby TJNY » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Finish the Geico breakfast and you can then stand around and watch the Parade!!!
YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS, BUT YOU CAN BUY A MOTORCYCLE AND THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE!!! BORN TO RIDE!!!

Ameri-helper

Postby Ameri-helper » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:27 pm

TJNY wrote:Finish the Geico breakfast and you can then stand around and watch the Parade!!!

Or better yet, ride in it. Trikes have their own special section in the parade. :shock:
Lineup for Trikes is until 9:45 (at a large nearby site to be confirmed shortly) and then they slide into the Dunlop Parade which rolls at 10. 8)
http://www.americade.com/index.php?option=com_zoo&view=item&Itemid=237

TJNY

Postby TJNY » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:22 am

We used to do the parade ride, then we decided to have breakfast, then walk outside and watch the parade, but both ideas are good!!!
YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS, BUT YOU CAN BUY A MOTORCYCLE AND THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE!!! BORN TO RIDE!!!

Spiritdream

Postby Spiritdream » Tue May 22, 2012 7:26 am

Long Shots is becoming a kind of tradition for us, but I'm game to try somewhere else. LadyFF? Need to decide soon, obviously, so we can let the TrikeTalk gang know, too. :D
Cheri
2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard/Lehman Tramp Trike
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

Let your dreams run wild....be brave enough to follow...Author Unknown

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:40 pm

I like Long Shots & I think most of us know that that's where we usually go. The 2 of us will be there for sure.

Spiritdream

Postby Spiritdream » Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 am

Long Shots works for me too - just trying to be "flexible" for others! Still 10AM, or am I wrong on the time?

I can't afford to stay in Lake George this year, so I'll probably make a day trip or two during the week. I also plan to be there for breakfast, and weather permitting Road Dog (Dan) does too. We'll probably ride up together if it doesn't rain; if it does, I'll just take my truck. ;)
Cheri
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Long Shots it is at 10am. When we get together we can talk about what we want to do next year. Looking forward to seeing old & new friends again.
~Joanne & Jim

Spiritdream

Postby Spiritdream » Fri May 25, 2012 9:53 am

Joanne, if I manage to find $$ to stay Friday night, are you around for dinner or do you have plans?
Cheri
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Cheri, sending you a PM.~Joanne

AnthonyMartello

Postby AnthonyMartello » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:45 am

Hello Community,

Americade is a week-long motorcycle rally that is held during the first full of June. The headquarters and location of many rally activities are in Lake George village, New York. The event is open to all motorcyclists and brand and type of motorcycles, and in recent years attract over 50,000 people annually. Americade is billed by its organizer as the "World's Largest Motorcycle Touring Rally and it is distinguished from events such as Daytona Bike Week by its emphasis on touring and by its organization. Attendees participate in demo rides from all of the major manufacturers, boat cruises, motorcycle judging, and group rides called "MiniTours" to various destinations in New York and Vermont.

Best Regards,
Anthony Martello :)

Return to “Trikes & 3-Wheelers”