Any good places you would recommend to look for a used trike

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

bigqueue

Any good places you would recommend to look for a used trike

Postby bigqueue » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Hey all,

I figured it might make sense to "go to the source".....err. current owners of Trikes to see if you might have a suggestion as
to where I might look for a good value on a used trike?

I would love the idea of looking in winter,......demand is down, and I suspect prices could be better. (and I am a cheap guy who responds to that! A little more work is no trouble if I can save.... :-)

Anyways.....I am looking around, and am surely going stumbling across things....but I didn't know if anyone had some choice places you might suggest. I live in Massachusetts, so anything in New England would be easy to access......but I suppose I could buy and ride it back when weather gets a little warmer and without white-stuff. (I don't even want to use the "S" word...it sends shivers up my spine)

Oh...I am thinking a Goldwing based trike might be the nicest thing, but I have considered a Can-Am......and test drove one at last year's Americade......I know there is a Cam-Am dealer here in North Billerica, and I might take a trip there......but other ideas for places I might find that Goldwing trike (used) would be excellent!

Thanks in advance for any tips.....
-Quentin
Image AKA: Quentin

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: Any good places you would recommend to look for a used t

Postby WCLamb » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Q -

Send me your e-mail address. I just pulled a few trike ads off the GWRRA message board. One of them might interest you. Bear in mind... Trike conversions are pretty pricey, and many sellers tend to believe they'll recover the full price of their conversion... until it's time to sell, that is.

I copied a few ads into an e-mail, but don't know where to send it.

I'm at wclamb-AT-snip-DOT-net

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:59 am

Q -
I think I found you the perfect trike... not only a new ride, but built-in accommodations for camping in Lake George!

(You might need to install a shower & commode.)

bickman80

Postby bickman80 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hi q

get in touch with me. I have a 95 wing trike, we might come to terms on it. email me or call me, I am in mass. too. email is bickman80@msn.com tel is 1-413-896-5159. call any time before 10 pm.

thanks jack gilroy
JACK GILROY GWRRA CHAP D ma ama americade staff . chapter educator. & district educator Image

bigqueue

Postby bigqueue » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:02 pm

WCLamb wrote:Q -
I think I found you the perfect trike... not only a new ride, but built-in accommodations for camping in Lake George!

(You might need to install a shower & commode.)

Don't laugh i like that!

I am on the esir list for an elio cat....a trike of sorts with greatfurl economy.

I tthink it is www.elio.com

-Quentin

bigqueue

Postby bigqueue » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:04 pm

bickman80 wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hi q

get in touch with me. I have a 95 wing trike, we might come to terms on it. email me or call me, I am in mass. too. email is bickman80@msn.com tel is 1-413-896-5159. call any time before 10 pm.

thanks jack gilroy

I will call later jack.....I am sitting Herr editing for church to begin....isn't technology wonderful!

I will call in a little over an hour or so....thanks.

-quentin

bigqueue

Postby bigqueue » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:07 pm

WCLamb wrote:Q -

Send me your e-mail address. I just pulled a few trike ads off the GWRRA message board. One of them might interest you. Bear in mind... Trike conversions are pretty pricey, and many sellers tend to believe they'll recover the full price of their conversion... until it's time to sell, that is.

I copied a few ads into an e-mail, but don't know where to send it.

I'm at wclamb-AT-snip-DOT-net

Oops....I missed this message. I will send you an email, but for now, I will tell you that my email is:
quentin dot lewis at yahoo dot com

-Quentin

ladyff1481

Postby ladyff1481 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:40 am

Cycletrader
Ebay
Triketalk.com
Roadsmith Trikes (they have a section of used Trikes for sale)
Craigslist

Q,
Good luck with your search.
Give us an idea of what you want so we can help.
~Joanne

Bob L

Postby Bob L » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Quentin, I sent an email to you about one that was for sale in Fitchburg. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Bob

bigqueue

Postby bigqueue » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Bob L wrote:Quentin, I sent an email to you about one that was for sale in Fitchburg. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Perhaps your email was stuck in my SPAM filter....though I tried checking there too.....but no, so far I have not seen your email. I will try my own search of the Fitchburg area....but please resend if you can?

Thanks,
-Quentin

bigqueue

Postby bigqueue » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 pm

bigqueue wrote:
Bob L wrote:Quentin, I sent an email to you about one that was for sale in Fitchburg. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Perhaps your email was stuck in my SPAM filter....though I tried checking there too.....but no, so far I have not seen your email. I will try my own search of the Fitchburg area....but please resend if you can?

Thanks,
-Quentin

Hi Again Bob,

I don't know what is up with my YAHOO mail, but your email just showed up and I replied to it.....at which point, your email seemed to have dissappeared! But the good news is that I had printed it when I received it so I have the phone number to give your friend a call.

Thanks,
-Quentin

bigqueue

Postby bigqueue » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:02 am

Hello All,

I appreciate the people who came out to help me with my Trike search.....and there is one guy right here in Mass that I was actually very much interested in his Trike, but I did the unexpected this past week and bought another motorcycle......a 2013 Suzuke VSTROM 650.....so my trike search has to be stopped.

I still have to transfer plates and wait for warmer weather to take it home, but I am thrilled with my find. I also have to sell my two current bikes (2000 Suzuki Savage and 2005 Kymco People 250 scooter).....so my job is not yet done. (but Spring is coming, and hopefully things will sell then.)

Again....thanks everyone who reached out to help with my search....

-Quentin

RhodeTrip

Postby RhodeTrip » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 pm

How do you wind up with a VSTROM when looking for a trike? Kinda a radical difference.
Jim
2015 Yamaha Super Tenere

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:12 pm

RhodeTrip wrote:How do you wind up with a VSTROM when looking for a trike? Kinda a radical difference.

Jim -
He's going to put "outrigger" wheels on it so he won't have to use his kickstand! :lol:

RhodeTrip

Postby RhodeTrip » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Ok, I can see that now; usually knee hip back etc drive people to a trike, didn't get how the VSTOM would help.
Thanks,
Jim
2015 Yamaha Super Tenere

Return to “Trikes & 3-Wheelers”