Any good places you would recommend to look for a used trike

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

bigqueue

Re: Any good places you would recommend to look for a used t

Postby bigqueue » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 pm

RhodeTrip wrote:How do you wind up with a VSTROM when looking for a trike? Kinda a radical difference.

Well, first of all.....it isn't a matter of ONE or the OTHER......I really would love to have a motorcycle AND a trike.....and the trike is mainly to convince my wife to get out with me.
Before the VSTROM, I had (still have) a Suzuki Savage and a Kymco People 250 scooter. (and a couple of moped for my wife and I) The VSTROM will replace those two (which I will
sell in the spring) and well, the trike will have to wait for now.

Really quite simply really......well, sort of an addiction too.

-Quentin
Image AKA: Quentin

bigqueue

Postby bigqueue » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:10 pm

RhodeTrip wrote:Ok, I can see that now; usually knee hip back etc drive people to a trike, didn't get how the VSTOM would help.
Thanks,

It doesn't help......in fact, I am "almost" flat footing the VSTROM, and I'd like a little more than I have....so I am probably going to work to lower it at least 1/2"......but I like the higher seating position on the STROM....so I think it will be good. Besides, my hip issue does make it difficult to swing my leg over, but the main issue comes with the foot peg to hip distance because I have more pain with my hip at a tighter angle....but the VSTROM seat is a good distance from the peg. I will be lowering the suspension, not the seat. (per se)

-Quentin
Image AKA: Quentin

Mainah

Postby Mainah » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:15 am

Those are getting popular up here in the boonies. They seem to be pretty good light touring bikes and can run through the dirt as well. It should be lots of fun.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Dragonglide

Postby Dragonglide » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Que. I have a friend of mine whose boyfriend was in a strom club. I'll get you the info as they have lowering "bones" and other cool miss for the strommy. Very reliable bike , does have some charging.system issues , but that's a Suzuki thing. Not a real big deal but something to be aware of if its a used unit

Return to “Trikes & 3-Wheelers”