Help Hague Market owner get surgery

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

wildwillie
Site Admin

Help Hague Market owner get surgery

Postby wildwillie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 am

Last April 25th a deranged fruitcake shot the owner of the (small) Hague Market four times during a robbery. That kind of foolishness is very very rare up here in North Country.
A fund has been set up to help Jim Rypkema pay for some additional needed surgery.

Let's all pitch in to help the fund reach its $35,000 goal.

Bill

https://www.gofundme.com/JimRypkema?utm ... n=invite_n

ROADCAPTAIN

Re: Help Hague Market owner get surgery

Postby ROADCAPTAIN » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:51 am

I heard about that, what a shame, that kind of stuff never happens around LGV..
we stop in there from time to time for lunch it's such a cool place, hopefully Jim heals up & gets back to normal.
I certainly hope the "perp" aka moron is still sitting in jail...
2004 GL1800,115,000 mi Dyna-Beads, DarkSider #494, Mich Alpin RF
2013 Ultra Classic
Bushtec Turbo + 2
Formerly Bassnman
1st Officer SCRC Chapter #173 North Jersey

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:57 am

Sunday morning, December 10th:
$15,475 of the $35.0k goal has been raised for this gentleman. Getting closer (almost 1/2) to the goal -- has been met. Those who can contribute -- should -- make a donation to help the recovery effort. I can't imagine how long it will take to raise that amount of money from profits in this tiny, out-of-the-mainstream store in the seasonal town of Hague. Let your Christmas spirit shine through with a random act of kindness!

wildwillie
Site Admin

Postby wildwillie » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Congratulations and thanks to W C Lamb and the others who generously donated to this GoFundMe campaign.

However the campaign is only half way to its $35,000 goal. If, around this holiday season, you feel some generosity stirring, please feel free to pitch in here. Every donation will help make a difference.

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:54 am

So sorry to hear. That's terrible.

Glad that the contributions are coming in. Would it be beyond the pale to ask both the hospital and the physician to lower their charges for this surgery to make this more affordable?

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:54 pm

30 Years in the pokey for the miscreant who shot Jim Rypkema, Hague Market's owner. Here's hoping karma provides this guy with an adequate payback.
Read here, if you can put up with the ad-blocker hoops you have to jump through to read this:
Post Star Story

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:55 pm

WCLamb wrote:30 Years in the pokey for the miscreant who shot Jim Rypkema, Hague Market's owner. Here's hoping karma provides this guy with an adequate payback.
Read here, if you can put up with the ad-blocker hoops you have to jump through to read this:
Post Star Story

Glad the creep took the deal that puts him behind bars for 30 years. I hope the parole board doesn't undercut this deal on their end.

You're right about the ad bombardment. I'm glad I got ad-block software. Got Ad-block because of websites that get obnoxiously in-you-face with their ads.

Return to “General”