My 2019

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

tnichols

My 2019

Postby tnichols » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 pm

After attending Americade for 20+ years, I think I am taking a year off. I have ridden just about every road in the area and without Harley being there for a second year in a row, Americade just doesn't feel the same. Anybody else taking a break in 2019? If so, why?

Ameri-helper

Re: My 2019

Postby Ameri-helper » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:33 am

First, thank you for coming for 20+ years, and being such an involved participant. We've benefited from having you as an attendee. Really.

Harley's absence from Americade (and other events) DOES feel odd, but we're still blessed with hosting more motorcycle factories than any other event in the U.S.

Harley was always a great supporter of Americade, and though they're wrestling with some big issues, we expect that they will return to Americade, because Americade remains a particularly unique and bright spot on the motorcycling calendar.

Yes, we too have experienced some transitions, but we remain committed to offering everyone excellent rides and meals and entertainment, social events that only happen at Americade (eg, The Round Table), and an expo that still allows us to pick and choose among the best vendors. Americade feels different from other rallies because we work year round to make it so. And, we also pay close attention to the feedback we get from our attendees like you. In a moment, I'll respond to another post on this forum about offering a trike class again. (It's a great idea) If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them here. We ARE listening and always learning.

Thank you again for coming to Americade for so many years,

FrankJ

Re: My 2019

Postby FrankJ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Ameri-helper wrote:First, thank you for coming for 20+ years, and being such an involved participant. We've benefited from having you as an attendee. Really.

Harley's absence from Americade (and other events) DOES feel odd, but we're still blessed with hosting more motorcycle factories than any other event in the U.S.

Harley was always a great supporter of Americade, and though they're wrestling with some big issues, we expect that they will return to Americade, because Americade remains a particularly unique and bright spot on the motorcycling calendar.

Yes, we too have experienced some transitions, but we remain committed to offering everyone excellent rides and meals and entertainment, social events that only happen at Americade (eg, The Round Table), and an expo that still allows us to pick and choose among the best vendors. Americade feels different from other rallies because we work year round to make it so. And, we also pay close attention to the feedback we get from our attendees like you. In a moment, I'll respond to another post on this forum about offering a trike class again. (It's a great idea) If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them here. We ARE listening and always learning.

Thank you again for coming to Americade for so many years,

Hi Ameri-helper, just a quick comment it's nice to see responses coming to questions, I feel a response like the one quoted here, puts a "face" to a question instead of the feeling the website has been abandoned.

I've been coming for 20 years and although I've not liked some of the changes; everything squeezed in to Fort William Henry and the block party on Canada St, been changed because you listen to the feedback!, I still love the area, Americade, the motel we've stayed at for 18 years and just having motorcycles every where.

Bottom line, if Americade didn't care they wouldn't continue to try and improve and they do that by listening and making changes.

Looking forward to this June, already registered, and watch Americade videos when it snows

Frank

Return to “General”