Americade 2020!

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

Ameri-helper

Americade 2020!

Postby Ameri-helper » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 am

Hi Everyone,

We want to help advise what we should offer in 2020.

Many (all?) of you provided excellent feedback on Americade 2019 via our emailed questionnaire in June. However, this Forum is an excellent place to tell us what you'd like to see next June (because the Americade elves are busily working on creating next years event now).

1. Do you have a new non-riding event idea that you'd like us to consider? Tell us!

2. What guided or unguided ride concept would you like us to consider?

3. Do you have some other suggestion that you want us to chew on? Let's hear it!

Thanks!

GSinNC

Re: Americade 2020!

Postby GSinNC » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:47 am

It seems that Americade has gotten a bit more life this past year ... I hope so. The vendors seems a bit better but improving the Expo would be great. More vendors and more offering functional stuff and a focus on Adventure Touring. Common knowledge that the adventure touring segment of motorcycling is hot and sport touring as well. So a focus on that segment would be great. Vendors offering quality riding gear and quality functional stuff. I realize some of this is done at Dirt Daze but would be nice to see it here as well.

I like the Day Pass process and being able to buy them in advance. That was a nice add!

Been attending every year since 1990 (except for 3 years) and still enjoy the event. I just hate that I'm no longer one of the youngins !
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

Justinfive-o

Postby Justinfive-o » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:28 pm

I'd be real happy to see the unguided to Whiteface/ Lake Placid bbq lunch place brought back. I was disappointed that it was left off in '19, especially since I had psyched friends up for it.
Last edited by Justinfive-o on Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

W. P. Schreiber

Postby W. P. Schreiber » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:38 pm

I was surprised to see the Ride to the Vermont Country Store and Restaurant gone for the last 3 years; it always seemed so popular and well attended. No real problem though, we just set the GPS and go on our own.

Ameri-helper

Postby Ameri-helper » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:57 pm

It seems that Americade has gotten a bit more life this past year ... I hope so. The vendors seems a bit better but improving the Expo would be great. More vendors and more offering functional stuff and a focus on Adventure Touring. Common knowledge that the adventure touring segment of motorcycling is hot and sport touring as well. So a focus on that segment would be great. Vendors offering quality riding gear and quality functional stuff. I realize some of this is done at Dirt Daze but would be nice to see it here as well.

I like the Day Pass process and being able to buy them in advance. That was a nice add!

Been attending every year since 1990 (except for 3 years) and still enjoy the event. I just hate that I'm no longer one of the youngins !
Hi Ed,

Thanks. We've been improving the expo over the past few years, and are happy with its direction too.

Regarding Adventure Touring, we will look into adding more of it in 2020. With the move of DirtDaze (to August), there is a small need to offer some Adv activities and vendors.

Thanks for coming for so many years! You're not alone with your grey hairs...

Ameri-helper

Postby Ameri-helper » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:01 pm

I'd be real happy to see the unguided to Whiteface/ Lake Placid bbq lunch place brought back. I was disappointed that it was left off in '19, especially since I had psyched friends up for it.
In the past few years, we've started introducing new tours, and rotating tours, at a much higher rate than in the past. This keeps things fresh, but it also means we need to make room for them, which is a tough choice. But, the Lake Placid tour (and the Vermont Country Store tour) IS a good one, and you'll see it back in the lineup in the future.

That said, seeing people mention them on this forum helps nudge us in the directions you want. So, keep nudging.

Justinfive-o

Postby Justinfive-o » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:22 am

In the past few years, we've started introducing new tours, and rotating tours, at a much higher rate than in the past. This keeps things fresh, but it also means we need to make room for them, which is a tough choice. But, the Lake Placid tour (and the Vermont Country Store tour) IS a good one, and you'll see it back in the lineup in the future.

That said, seeing people mention them on this forum helps nudge us in the directions you want. So, keep nudging.
Thanks for the reply. Consider yourself nudged!

Return to “General”