New York International Motorcycle Show

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

WCLamb
Staffer

New York International Motorcycle Show

Postby WCLamb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Americader's Discount at the New York International Motorcycle Show

Americaders get a special discount at the HUGE International Motorcycle Show in New York City, and all other IMS shows this winter! Check out all the new models from top manufacturers, custom builds, vintage bikes, FMX stunt shows and more!
#RidersUnite #IMSNewYork.

When you pre-purchase 1 DAY Admission tickets, use the following
special Americader code to discount each ticket $3: AMER18

Click here to save at the NY IMS Show

Pat Hillyard

Re: New York International Motorcycle Show

Postby Pat Hillyard » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:37 pm

WC,
Do you have any idea whether Honda will have their new Goldwing and BMW will have their Grand America at this show?

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:43 am

Pat Hillyard wrote:WC,
Do you have any idea whether Honda will have their new Goldwing and BMW will have their Grand America at this show?

No idea, Pat... I can only surmise that because Honda and BMW have only released photos and information (and in Honda's case, a demo bike to the magazines for "first drive" reports) that the new machines will be available for display. With the downturn in big bike sales, I don't believe the manufacturers would pass up an opportunity to gain as much publicity and excitement as possible at the major shows. I do know that my local Honda dealer is already taking deposits on the new GoldWings for springtime delivery. Personally, I'll probably get in line to plunk down a deposit before Christmas.

Cherrie

Postby Cherrie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Fred and I went to the IMS in Long Beach this past week-end. Honda had a special display just for the Goldwing, and some on the floor that you could sit on if you could get near it. We have demo rides at our IMS, but there was no demo ride of the new Goldwing. BMW was also showing their new bike, Fred went on the press intro for that one and he is still talking about it he was VERY impressed with it, and it has everything the new Goldwing has and more for less money. I liked the look of the new Goldwing and the new BMW, the packing space of the new Goldwing is smaller, everything about the new Goldwing is smaller but that can be a good thing. We have a friend that ordered a new Goldwing and they told him they should have it in January, but he is thinking more like March.

Pat Hillyard

Postby Pat Hillyard » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pm

W.C.,
I stated in another post, you should really check out the new BMW too. It has more storage space, has clutch less shifting and costs less.
If I make it to the show, I'll definitely check out both bikes.

Pat Hillyard

Postby Pat Hillyard » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:15 pm

I just got the word from BMW NA. They will definitely have the Grand America at the New York IMS. Now all I need to do is get there.

Return to “General”