Parking stickers

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

1jeep

Parking stickers

Postby 1jeep » Wed May 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Does anyone know the cost of the town parking stickers for this year? Also how late will they be for sale on Friday night assuming they can only be purchased at registration?
thanks.

MikeMcW

Re: Parking stickers

Postby MikeMcW » Wed May 31, 2017 2:57 pm

What time do they staff the booth during the week? I wont get to LG until about 5 Wednesday night plus an hour to get settled into the campsite.

gustafo

Postby gustafo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:25 pm

went up today and picked up my parking at the village offices they raised the pp up to $15 from 10 last yr. i feel sorry for the day trippers that don't understand the parking. the village of lake george made over $100,000 last year on parking. good chunk of change. ride safe

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:18 am

gustafo wrote:went up today and picked up my parking at the village offices they raised the pp up to $15 from 10 last yr. i feel sorry for the day trippers that don't understand the parking. the village of lake george made over $100,000 last year on parking. good chunk of change. ride safe

I remember when PP cost $5. Then there was the steady increase of $1 every three years or so.

A 50% jump from $10 to $15? Wow!

njyamahauler

Postby njyamahauler » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:36 am

Ryck wrote:
gustafo wrote:went up today and picked up my parking at the village offices they raised the pp up to $15 from 10 last yr. i feel sorry for the day trippers that don't understand the parking. the village of lake george made over $100,000 last year on parking. good chunk of change. ride safe

I remember when PP cost $5. Then there was the steady increase of $1 every three years or so.

A 50% jump from $10 to $15? Wow!

Unfortunately this has been the trend. All of the Lake George area merchants raise their prices for Americade week, so I am not surprised that the town wants their cut as well for parking. I am guessing that it's because they only have about 4 months to make their money for the year.

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:05 pm

it's because they only have about 4 months to make their money for the year.

This maybe so, but I feel that is no reason to gouge our eyes out year after year!!! It wont be long, know one will buy them, and then we will see
how they like that.
I think that one of these years, we all should just all go too warren's Burg, and see how they like it. But I am sure that wont happen, as it would be like pulling teeth too get everyone to do that!
But I do believe that would stop the gouging money sucking ( SOB'S ). But just my optioning!

W. P. Schreiber

Postby W. P. Schreiber » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:23 pm

You people do realize that the PP, or pre paid parking sticker, is just a convenience so you don't have to "feed the parking meters." At $1.00 an hour, you will break even in 2, maybe 3 days, even though the cost has now gone to $15.00. You do not HAVE to buy one, it's optional, a good deal, and makes life easier. As for day trippers, it's probably not worth it; just get a pocket full of dollar coins, and pay as you go. All Americade venues have free parking, you only have to pay for Village street parking.
As far as boycotting L.G.Village and going to Warrensburg, what are you going to do when you get there..... there's a car dealer, a feed and grain, and an ice cream store, that's about it. Their "Bike Week" festivities consist of about 2 dozen vendors out on the edge of town, and while the parking is free, it is also free at the Expo at Americade.
I don't really understand the problem.

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:08 am

njyamahauler wrote:
Unfortunately this has been the trend. All of the Lake George area merchants raise their prices for Americade week, so I am not surprised that the town wants their cut as well for parking. I am guessing that it's because they only have about 4 months to make their money for the year.

I get it that all merchants want to make money and that the governments love to ride on both their backs and on the backs of their customers. Both have to realize that the customers - both the willing and the unwilling - know price gauging when they see it. To try to get their season's money quickl on the back's of pre-season event customers leaves a bad taste on those customers.

I will pay the 50% parking increase under protest. Maybe I don't have to park and hang around Canada Street this year. I'll tell my buddies to let's go exploring other towns more. In fact, we started doing that. Sometimes Canada Street gets too crowded.

The only good thing about Canada Street is watching the free rolling bike show at night Fri and Sat. And I think the police will be busy enough keeping their eyes on the mostly non Americade out-of-towners that like to stir trouble than to go walking around looking for parking violators - the latter of which I have NEVER SEEN HAPPEN.

My two cents.

Ken Clark

Postby Ken Clark » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:17 am

They usually have a cadet or two out patroling the parking.

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:32 am

Ken Clark wrote:They usually have a cadet or two out patroling the parking.

Really? Haven't seen that at night. Maybe it is a daylight thing?

Anyway, like someone said, the PP is optional and so is parking on Canada Street.

Oldstargazer

Postby Oldstargazer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:03 am

It seems in recent years that Ameriacde attendance has dropped. Lake George Village may be trying to keep the revenue stream from the PP passes at a consistent or increased level. I for one will pay the 15 bucks and enjoy the convenience that the pass allows.

Mainah

Postby Mainah » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:10 am

TheShadow wrote:it's because they only have about 4 months to make their money for the year.

This maybe so, but I feel that is no reason to gouge our eyes out year after year!!! It wont be long, know one will buy them, and then we will see
how they like that.
I think that one of these years, we all should just all go too warren's Burg, and see how they like it. But I am sure that wont happen, as it would be like pulling teeth too get everyone to do that!
But I do believe that would stop the gouging money sucking ( SOB'S ). But just my optioning!

Hey Bob, how are you? Reading your post and I have to stir the pot. Do you know hoe Laconia handles the bike parking situation during bike week?

Here is the answer direct from the Temporary Traffic Order Motorcycle Week 2017 #9 The enforcement of parking meters on Lakeside Ave. is hereby suspended effective 8:00AM Friday June 9 2017 thru Sunday June 18 2017 at 5:00PM. Lakeside Ave is also closed to all 4 wheel trafic except for emergency and service vehicles so bikes can park in the center of the street.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi Rick, good to hear from you!! I was just stirring the pot myself there. I agree with WC and you, too have to keep running back to feed the meter is a pain. I am only coming this year for a couple of days, and yes I will be getting my ( PP ) sticker as always. :D :lol:
I didn't mean to raise any tail feathers, Just kind of testing the waters. :D

I hope everyone has a great time this year, despite the rain, and it's only rain. It could be like Americade's in the past with ( snow ) ( hail ) ( high winds ) ( tornadoes ), Cold today, and hotter then hell the next, hell that's Americade!! Come ready for all season's, and still having a good time.

ballsack

Postby ballsack » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Parking stickers, we don't need no stinking parking stickers...!

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Mainah wrote:"Do you know hoe Laconia handles the bike parking situation during bike week?

Here is the answer direct from the Temporary Traffic Order Motorcycle Week 2017 #9 The enforcement of parking meters on Lakeside Ave. is hereby suspended effective 8:00AM Friday June 9 2017 thru Sunday June 18 2017 at 5:00PM. Lakeside Ave is also closed to all 4 wheel trafic except for emergency and service vehicles so bikes can park in the center of the street.

Rick -
That would require the "town fathers" to do something reasonable. Can't have that, now, can we?
Eventually their greed will catch up to them and it will end, but I doubt if it's in my time. It's too hard to wean them off the source of "free money."

Return to “General”