Fran Cove

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

Justinfive-o

Re: Fran Cove

Postby Justinfive-o » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:56 pm

GSinNC sez...

The absolute best enhancement to the Lido was about 5 years ago when they paved the parking lot. That truly made it perfect!

Is it really only five years? Man, seems like it's been paved forever.
I like to use the little driveway-type lot on the east side of the building. it's closer to my room both last year and this year. (I moved directly downstairs for this year.)

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Justinfive-o wrote:GSinNC sez...

The absolute best enhancement to the Lido was about 5 years ago when they paved the parking lot. That truly made it perfect!

Is it really only five years? Man, seems like it's been paved forever.
I like to use the little driveway-type lot on the east side of the building. it's closer to my room both last year and this year. (I moved directly downstairs for this year.)

Hmmm ... I will have to check. I know Dan and Diana did it when they owned it.
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:56 pm

OK... looks like they paved the Lido lot in 2009 or 2010. It was not paved in 2008 and it was paved in 2011. I could not find any 2009 photos of the lot and 2010 was one of the 3 years I did not attend Americade. So it certainly has been paved more than 5 years.
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

Justinfive-o

Postby Justinfive-o » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:15 pm

GSinNC wrote:OK... looks like they paved the Lido lot in 2009 or 2010. It was not paved in 2008 and it was paved in 2011. I could not find any 2009 photos of the lot and 2010 was one of the 3 years I did not attend Americade. So it certainly has been paved more than 5 years.

Nice research work...the whole topic was of vital importance to those of us with an interest in LG lore, culture and mythology!
Did Dan & Diana live in the house to the west across the parking lot? I recall years ago someone leaving a note in the lobby to come there if no one was at the desk.

RadianGuy

Postby RadianGuy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Only stayed at Fran Cove once (2014). The place was "basic" but very clean and everything worked, which is more than I can say for some other LGV lodging I've stayed in. :) The owners LOVED their Americaders, and would hang out with us in parking lot some evenings. They were on a first-name basis with many of the riders since the same ones returned to FC year after year, and didn't mind lights being hung out, awnings being erected on rainy days, parking bikes under the overhang, or maintenance/farkling being done in the parking lot. It's a long slog to Canada St. on foot, but it's the north end of the trolley route so the trolley turns around in the parking lot. Hopefully, the new owners will keep it as bike-friendly as the prior owners.

Last edited by RadianGuy on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:08 pm

RadianGuy wrote:Only stayed at Fran Cove once (2014). The place was "basic" but very clean and everything worked, which is more than I can say for some other LGV lodging I've stayed in. :) The owners LOVED their Americaders, and would hang out with us in parking lot some evenings. They were on a first-name basis with many of the riders since the same ones returned to FC year after year, and didn't mine lights being hung out, awnings being erected on rainy days, parking bikes under the overhand, or maintenance/farkling being done in the parking lot. It's a long slog to Canada St. on foot, but it's the north end of the trolley route so the trolley turns around in the parking lot. Hopefully, the new owners will keep it as bike-friendly as the prior owners.

Sweet! That is so nice when owner are bike friendly. Last year on my trip to Salt Lake I discovered how motorcycle friendly the Best Western Chain really is and you don't have to be on a Harley. :mrgreen:

Hope you make the trip this year Doug! Stop bye and say hello!
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Fri May 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Funny how some people said their stay at Fran Cove was less than stellar... the only issues that most of those who have stayed there (for many years) was "The Gang at FC" who actually pushed a family out of the outdoor BBQ area so they could have their Superhero costume part. Yup looking like a bunch of foolish 10 y/o's. The "gang" who won't speak or wave to you because you're not part of "The Gang". The fact that they put up with "The Gang" in and of itself amazed many of us who stayed there each year
I find Both Tim and Linda to be very nice hosts, their place was ALWAYS SPOTLESS.
Congratulations to both of them.

Ken Clark

Postby Ken Clark » Fri May 25, 2018 4:52 pm

If you have to ask for a wash cloth and soap everyday, I would say that was less than stellar. Garbage left in the room.
They knew they were selling and just didn't care anymore.

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Fri May 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Funny never had a single problem like that Hmmmmmm

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Fri May 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Probably part of the same group that had their bikes, cars, trailers each taking up your own private spaces so a lot of others had to double park back to front. But that’s ok we understand.

Ken Clark

Postby Ken Clark » Fri May 25, 2018 7:30 pm

We had the room right next to the office. We did trailer up, but parked truck and trailer up by the dumpster, so we would not inconvenience anyone.
This was our 5th or 6th stay with them. Never again. But it has been sold anyhow.

sitdown

Postby sitdown » Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 pm

My interaction with "The Gang" left me amazed at how badly they have treated people who went out of their way to treat them decently. There was once a get together held every February that they were all only too willing to attend every year. The person who spent his money and made the effort to set up a fun weekend wound up being ignored by the group.

It's no loss to anyone that they don't attend any more. I'm sure the event will do just fine without them.
VMax. Ride a legend!

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Sat May 26, 2018 8:09 pm

V Maxx I watched them do the same thing to an individual who came to see them a few years back. Completely ignored him. I hope I never see them or their ridiculous oversized chairs again... pathetic.

If you’re going to LG this year safe travels

Return to “General”