Fort William Henry Question

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

preziosi64

Fort William Henry Question

Postby preziosi64 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:38 pm

This year my husband and I are finally getting to return to Americade! In the past we have always stayed off site but this time since all the events are at one location we decided to stay at the FWH. I am wondering if someone can answer a question in reference to the FWH? Usually when you stay at a hotel/motel they include breakfast with your stay or have a place on premises where you can buy breakfast. We did sign up for 1 breakfast by the lake on Wednesday morning via the Americade events. So my question is if you don't have a ticket to breakfast by the lake will there be another place at the FWH to have breakfast? I asked this question when I made my reservation but they told me to ask the Americade people! Would love to hear from someone in reference to my question!

Thank Patty!

FrankJ

Re: Fort William Henry Question

Postby FrankJ » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:11 pm

preziosi64 wrote:This year my husband and I are finally getting to return to Americade! In the past we have always stayed off site but this time since all the events are at one location we decided to stay at the FWH. I am wondering if someone can answer a question in reference to the FWH? Usually when you stay at a hotel/motel they include breakfast with your stay or have a place on premises where you can buy breakfast. We did sign up for 1 breakfast by the lake on Wednesday morning via the Americade events. So my question is if you don't have a ticket to breakfast by the lake will there be another place at the FWH to have breakfast? I asked this question when I made my reservation but they told me to ask the Americade people! Would love to hear from someone in reference to my question!

Thank Patty!

I don't stay there, but I do come there early for demo rides and seminars. I eat breakfast in their dining room, they have a buffet, may have an ala carte menu too, but you just pay like you would any other restaurant. Another nice thing is it has a great view of the lake

Frank

Mainah

Postby Mainah » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi Patty,
FWH is a good choice for lodging for sure. You can eat in the dining room at the FWH but there are some other options. Right across the street is the Adirondak Pancaks house and just down the street is the Cafe Vero, both very good and a quick walk.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

preziosi64

Postby preziosi64 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:10 am

Thanks for answering my questions! I am so looking forward to Americade!

ROADCAPTAIN

Postby ROADCAPTAIN » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:39 am

Looking@ the Expo Map I see that the Expo is in a "Grass Field"; I thought that the new location was paved?? Maybe I'm wrong?? doe's anyone know for sure if the lot is paved or a cow pasture?? :) :?
Could be a MUD HOLE!!! ??? :roll: :roll:
2004 GL1800,115,000 mi Dyna-Beads, DarkSider #494, Mich Alpin RF
2013 Ultra Classic
Bushtec Turbo + 2
Formerly Bassnman
1st Officer SCRC Chapter #173 North Jersey

Ameri-helper

Postby Ameri-helper » Thu May 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Hello,

The new Expo is a mix of pavement and grass. There will be no "cow pasture" or "mud hole". This grass field is just like the pavement with drainage right under it.

See you all soon!

ROADCAPTAIN

Postby ROADCAPTAIN » Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm

TY Ameri Helper for firming this up, glad to hear that the Expo has moved, also the lower rent should help the vendors return & also keep the Cade going, best of luck to all you guy's n gal's your doing a great job!!!!
We look forward to the Cade every year..
See you guy's soon..
2004 GL1800,115,000 mi Dyna-Beads, DarkSider #494, Mich Alpin RF
2013 Ultra Classic
Bushtec Turbo + 2
Formerly Bassnman
1st Officer SCRC Chapter #173 North Jersey

Return to “General”