Block Party a mistake?

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

robndarci

Block Party a mistake?

Postby robndarci » Wed May 16, 2018 6:43 am

I know we are not there yet.....but is the block party a mistake....on Friday and Saturday nights we like to go down town and people watch and watch the motorcycles of all shapes and sizes ride by..... so blocking off the street and detouring everyone around the outside of town takes that away. What would be ideal (in my opinion obviously) would be ban cars and trucks on Canada st Friday and Saturday nights and make them go around on a detour and only let motorcycles ride up and down the streets..... again just my opinion.
Hope everyone get there safe and has a wonderful week.

Poindxter

It's only a single block

Postby Poindxter » Wed May 16, 2018 9:11 pm

I had similar concerns, but I was operating under the same premise thay i belive you are right now: that the whole street is being blocked off. I was corrected and now kno that is not the case. There are, what;7 blocks in downton Lake George? They are only blocking one of the 7, leaving 6 for the traditional standing around and watching the bikes drive by. Plus I myself find that quite boring and am looking forward to the new entertaining option they are presentin to us this year

Return to “General”