The packing has begun.

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

PJ from NJ

The packing has begun.

Postby PJ from NJ » Wed May 23, 2018 6:43 am

The time has come and the packing has started. Big 50 cup coffee pot, lounge chairs,the snacks list and bike cleaning started yesterday. 6 1/2 working days, 11 days and a wake up then off to Americade 2018. Can’t wait. Wahoooo.....
2011 Street Glide
St Michaels Marshals LEMC
Road Captain

rich703

Re: The packing has begun.

Postby rich703 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:52 am

PJ from NJ wrote:The time has come and the packing has started. Big 50 cup coffee pot, lounge chairs,the snacks list and bike cleaning started yesterday. 6 1/2 working days, 11 days and a wake up then off to Americade 2018. Can’t wait. Wahoooo.....

How are you fitting all that stuff on a Street Glide? Lol. I have 3 more 24 hour shifts then its LG and Caide 18 for me. Oil and plugs have been changed and all I need to do is a good wash and waxing and I'll be all set. Packing will be the weekend before and I'll load up the bike on Monday. I know its early but the weather for the week looks great!!! Hopefully it stays that way or gets beter. Fingers crossed and maybe we will be rewarded for all of the crummy weather we been having lately.
And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.”
― Abraham Lincoln

strix

Postby strix » Thu May 24, 2018 1:57 pm

I'll be going up on the 30th. Between Elvis and tow trucks, they will comfort me until Monday.
Also looking forward to go to Ft Ti and the Hot Biscuit Diner.
To ALL... be safe and sane.

p.s. any rumors on nys getting an enforcement grant again this year??

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Thu May 24, 2018 5:26 pm

I love the Tow trucks!

Will they still be there on Sunday? We’ll arrive Saturday afternoon.
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Thu May 24, 2018 5:37 pm

I think the tow trucks moved away from FWH when the Americade HQ relocated there. Last I knew they were showing up elsewhere... maybe in Warrensburg, or maybe it was down in Q'bury, I forget. All I know is that they used to have some million-dollar showpieces parked where people could ogle them. Peterbilts and Kenworths -- built like cranes -- with custom interiors -- all for retrieval of eighteen-wheel machinery that had gone off-roading unintentionally. If you were there early enough, before they packed up their wares, the truck vendors had some neat stuff for sale in their kiosks.

That was the first place I saw "The Last Glue" demo'd and I still have a bunch of it -- lasting over 10 years now.

michaelcycle

Postby michaelcycle » Thu May 24, 2018 5:50 pm

I just checked and Estra will be just off West Brook Road June 1- 3 just below Fort William Henry. :)

Take care, Mike
Mike Carroll

I spent most of my life on my motorcycle, the rest I just wasted. " Author unknown"

PJ from NJ

Postby PJ from NJ » Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Rich. A few of us have small tow trailers for the bikes when we go on long trips. The problem is..... with the trailers we tend to bring a lot of stuff like a 10x20 carport, a bunch of folding chairs. All good he comforts of home but in the bikes.
2011 Street Glide
St Michaels Marshals LEMC
Road Captain

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Fri May 25, 2018 4:45 am

WCLamb wrote:I think the tow trucks moved away from FWH when the Americade HQ relocated there. Last I knew they were showing up elsewhere... maybe in Warrensburg, or maybe it was down in Q'bury, I forget. All I know is that they used to have some million-dollar showpieces parked where people could ogle them. Peterbilts and Kenworths -- built like cranes -- with custom interiors -- all for retrieval of eighteen-wheel machinery that had gone off-roading unintentionally. If you were there early enough, before they packed up their wares, the truck vendors had some neat stuff for sale in their kiosks.

That was the first place I saw "The Last Glue" demo'd and I still have a bunch of it -- lasting over 10 years now.

Yep! The tow trucks are truly amazing as the are painted, chromed and detailed like a 1950’s street rod but are 4 times the size. Chrome and custom work dozens of feet long on one truck with interiors to match. And as WC noted they used to be parked on the FWH grounds.

Sounds like they are still local so hope we get to check some out on Sunday.
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Fri May 25, 2018 4:51 am

Ok now I see the location and looks like they are there until 1:00 on Sunday :mrgreen:

https://www.lakegeorge.com/event/estra-tow-show-61290/
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

Return to “General”