SINGLE DIGITS!!

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

rich703

SINGLE DIGITS!!

Postby rich703 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:49 am

Wow I can't believe we're in the single digits already. Its crunch time!!! I thought it would never come after sitting through four nor easters in April. Weather is looking pretty good for now but we know how that can change in LG. KEeping fingers crossed and before you know it we'll be sitting on our bikes doing our pre riding checks!!.
And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.”
― Abraham Lincoln

PJ from NJ

Re: SINGLE DIGITS!!

Postby PJ from NJ » Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Can’t wait. This is gonna be another great year. And I hope the block party is a hit too.
2011 Street Glide
St Michaels Marshals LEMC
Road Captain

Dragonglide

Postby Dragonglide » Sun May 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Cant wait! We are chomping at the bit to get outta Dodge and head up to LG. See yall up there. Safe travels!

RhodeTrip

Postby RhodeTrip » Sun May 27, 2018 6:49 pm

6:00am Saturday morning. Now the long week before begins.
Jim
2015 Yamaha Super Tenere

harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com

Postby harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com » Tue May 29, 2018 8:45 am

Last shift of a 25 year career is Thursday, final day on "the books" is June 2, Leave for Americade on Monday.... Life is Good!

rich703

Postby rich703 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 am

harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com wrote:Last shift of a 25 year career is Thursday, final day on "the books" is June 2, Leave for Americade on Monday.... Life is Good!

Congratulations !!!! You made it!!! Enjoy your retirement and a great way to start it off!!!! I have 16 years on and my youngest is 6 so I have some time to go. LOL One more 24 hour shift on Thursday for me then i am in Cade mode. Heading up on Tuesday.!!! Ride safe
And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.”
― Abraham Lincoln

strix

Postby strix » Tue May 29, 2018 12:04 pm

harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com wrote:Last shift of a 25 year career is Thursday, final day on "the books" is June 2, Leave for Americade on Monday.... Life is Good!

Welcome to the club. Retired '05 from FD (F/F, medic}; '92 from Army (medic).
The rides are longer and sweeter once you 'pull pin'. Enjoy them !!

(I don't miss the circus, but I do miss some of the clowns)

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Tue May 29, 2018 2:00 pm

I retired last April so been just a year and finally settling into retirement life after 41 great years in the financial industry. Started at a small (900 employee) bank in Totowa NJ and ended in Charlotte at Well Fargo and never changed banks. Survived 7 mergers! Now retirement is great! Only problem is you never know what day it us since everyday feels like Saturday! My wife hates that I keep asking “what day is it” !!!

Congratulations and enjoy every minute of retirement. It allows much more time to ride and no deadlines!
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Tue May 29, 2018 4:35 pm

It's amazing how quickly the time flies once one reaches retirement. I chose May 31, 2013 as my final day and headed for Americade and Lake George the very next morning. I smiled the whole way up, knowing I'd never have to go back to work after the rally was over. It's a GREAT feeling. I just have to wonder where the last five years have gone! Now it looks like I'm celebrating an anniversary of my retirement in just a couple days!

It seems like retirement took SO long to finally arrive, and when it finally did get here, it seems like it's been non-stop ever since. But like we used to say a long time ago: Every day's a holiday, and every meal's a banquet! I wouldn't trade it!

ROADCAPTAIN

Postby ROADCAPTAIN » Tue May 29, 2018 11:56 pm

WC
I agree, been retired for 7 1/2 yrs where did the time go, I packed it in early, but I'm still doing some "side jobs" I keep trying to get out & they keep dragin back in !! lol lol

Hopefully I'll see you up there, we're @ the Studio this yr, are you staying there also?

Pat G.
2004 GL1800,115,000 mi Dyna-Beads, DarkSider #494, Mich Alpin RF
2013 Ultra Classic
Bushtec Turbo + 2
Formerly Bassnman
1st Officer SCRC Chapter #173 North Jersey

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 am

ROADCAPTAIN wrote:"...Hopefully I'll see you up there, we're @ the Studio this yr, are you staying there also?

Pat G.

Yes, Pat... will be up Saturday afternoon, time dependent on the weather going up, and whether I can get a handle on the new bike. It's giving me a bit of a problem trying to break an old habit. First thing I want to do is grab the clutch, and there ain't none! The DCT is taking some getting used-to! Only put 300 miles on it so far.

We'll be in room 32. Son Chris & I will be up as soon as we can get there; a leisurely trip up without knocking ourselves out. He'll be trailering his H-D and bringing my stuff, and heading back home on Wednesday. Nita will be coming up Wednesday and stay for the rest of the week. Each of 'em gets a half-vacation! :D

Depending on Sunday's weather forecast, We'll be riding to Lake Placid Sunday... probably straight up Route 9 to Route 73 and into Lake Placid - a stopoff at Kate Smith's mausoleum on the way to leave some silk flowers, and maybe lunch at Tail 'o the Pup. It's always a favorite for a Sunday ride. George Carle will probably join us; Dragonglide and his crew may ride along too. We'll head out from the PMD at 9 am, again, weather permitting. I don't know too many who want to spend their first day riding 100 miles north in the rain, only to turn around and do another 100 miles back in the rain. And don't forget... it can be chilly... 2009, our Sunday ride had SNOW!
Lake Placid Snow for Americade!

GSinNC

Postby GSinNC » Wed May 30, 2018 8:15 am

WCLamb wrote:
ROADCAPTAIN wrote:"...Hopefully I'll see you up there, we're @ the Studio this yr, are you staying there also?

Pat G.

Yes, Pat... will be up Saturday afternoon, time dependent on the weather going up, and whether I can get a handle on the new bike. It's giving me a bit of a problem trying to break an old habit. First thing I want to do is grab the clutch, and there ain't none! The DCT is taking some getting used-to! Only put 300 miles on it so far.

Lake Placid Snow for Americade!

300 miles? HA! The Wing was made to ride! When we demo rode the DCT I kept reaching for the clutch too but by the time our 25 mile demo was over I pretty much had that out of my system You just need to focus on it. But after the 250 mile ride up to Lake George you will have long forgotten that clutch I suspect. We head out Thursday AM and will arrive Saturday afternoon. Making it three 300+ mile days with a stop at Bill's Old Bike Barn in Bloomsburg PA. It appears rain with be chasing us all the way up to Lake George but that is nothing new and just part of the Americade Experience.

Ride safe and if you get a chance ride that new toy over to The Lido so we can have a look see.
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2012 BMW R1200GSA

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:37 am

Single digits... down to hours now. See y'all up there (maybe).

Ken Clark

Postby Ken Clark » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Would like to apologize to everyone going to the Americade. We decided to come up for just a few days. When we made room reservations the weather forecast called for good weather. As soon as we were all set with a room the forecast changed and calls for rain the 2 days we will be there.
Again sorry.

Mainah

Postby Mainah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Ken Clark wrote:Would like to apologize to everyone going to the Americade. We decided to come up for just a few days. When we made room reservations the weather forecast called for good weather. As soon as we were all set with a room the forecast changed and calls for rain the 2 days we will be there.
Again sorry.

At least it wasn't me this time. Looking at Accuweather it would rain all three days I usually stay. But the forecast can change every day in this part of the world. It seems strange to do all the packing but not cleaning the bike for a long trip. I know many of you are headed up right now and my prayers are with you, be safe and make the trip without incident. Sorry WC and Dragonglide, I won't get to see your new rides this year but looking forward to next. Hope to see all the familiar faces then. I will miss you all.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Return to “General”