WHITEFACE MOUNTAIN

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

rich703

WHITEFACE MOUNTAIN

Postby rich703 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 pm

I know it's a bit late but just in case people are heading to Whiteface Saturday or Sunday the elevator to the top is out of order. They are replacing it with a new one and won't be done till next year. Just a heads up it not sn easy walk to the top. Its rocky, steep, and slippery at times. It's a good hike too. It's my second time doing it and didn't have a problem. Did see a couple getting their wedding pictures taken at the top. Thst was cool.
And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.”
― Abraham Lincoln

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: WHITEFACE MOUNTAIN

Postby WCLamb » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:40 am

rich703 wrote:"I know it's a bit late but just in case people are heading to Whiteface Saturday or Sunday the elevator to the top is out of order. They are replacing it with a new one and won't be done till next year. Just a heads up it not an easy walk to the top. Its rocky, steep, and slippery at times. It's a good hike too. It's my second time doing it and didn't have a problem."

Good information for anyone who stays in the area a bit longer and wants to see the Adirondacks from on high. Although the view from the top is fantastic under favorable weather conditions, the trek to the top requires stamina and being in pretty good condition as you begin the hike to the summit. Note: Military veterans can get a discount on the "Veterans Memorial Highway" toll road when stopped at the toll booth.
rich703 wrote:Did see a couple getting their wedding pictures taken at the top. That was cool.

I find it remarkable that any wedding party in their special-day's apparel could make it to the top in any condition to get decent photos... including a wedding photographer lugging his/her equipment all the way up sans elevator.

Return to “General”