Americade 2018 Review

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

preziosi64

Americade 2018 Review

Postby preziosi64 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:34 am

My husband and I really had a wonderful time attending Americade 2018! We stayed at the FWH in the motel side of the resort right next to the big white tent! It was nice to park our bikes walk to have meals and walk to all the events. We really like the new location for the vendors. Hopefully more vendors will sign up now that it's in a new location.

We do have one suggestion for parking at the FWH. The folks at the FWH gave us a parking tag for our bikes and a sandwich bag so they would not get wet. It would be really great if they would hand out wrist bands for the people who are staying at the FWH just like the green bands for Americade. At various times the Americade parking staff that were across from the motel side were not paying attention to who was parking in the spaces. We noticed that a few of the bikes and a few cars did not have the FWH parking pass! This made parking for us a little complicated at times!

We look forward to Americade 2019!

Patty & Jose

Mainah

Re: Americade 2018 Review

Postby Mainah » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 am

I had a problem with the parking pass at FWH when I stayed there. I could tuck mine behind the windshield but it still blew off. Perhaps a "wristband" for parking. It could be attached to the handlebar and would stay on and be easily visible to the attendants.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Mainah wrote:I had a problem with the parking pass at FWH when I stayed there. I could tuck mine behind the windshield but it still blew off. Perhaps a "wristband" for parking. It could be attached to the handlebar and would stay on and be easily visible to the attendants.

Use a binder clip. I use binder clips to attach the little parking slip to my windshield when I park in metered parking in Manhattan.

BinderClip.jpeg

preziosi64

Postby preziosi64 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Both great ideas but we would have preferred something like a wrist band so that we entered the FWH the guys doing the parking would know we were saying there. Also more needs to be done with people who aren't staying at the host hotel to make sure they don't park the hotel guests parking spaces!

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 am

preziosi64 wrote:Both great ideas but we would have preferred something like a wrist band so that we entered the FWH the guys doing the parking would know we were saying there. Also more needs to be done with people who aren't staying at the host hotel to make sure they don't park the hotel guests parking spaces!

This is more geared to Americade staff for their recommendation. But, on to your point ...

Americade registration packet includes the Americade sticker for that year. Just like the PP parking sticker, why not attach the Americade sticker too? I don't know why hardly no one does it. I think that's the equivalent of a wrist band as you get it as part of your Americade registration packet.

Sometimes I wear a leather jacket where the ends of the sleeves really hugs my wrists. To keep air from blowing into the sleeves. Also effective in shielding my Americade wrist band. I have to stop each time to pull my left arm sleeve up to expose the band for inspection. I can't express how quickly that gets old. Can't the Americade sticker somewhere on the front of the bike suffice too?

Americade, please consider. :)

Motorhead51

Postby Motorhead51 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:49 am

I think A Pass that you could wear around your neck would also work Better Than A wrist band - Which is annoying When You are wearing a Jacket!!! :roll:
8) ICE COLD BEER WORKS FOR ME 8)

Return to “General”