My Americade 2018 Review

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

David from Rhode Island

My Americade 2018 Review

Postby David from Rhode Island » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm

We had a great time!! The traffic issue on the backs roads wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If the local PD stepped up, it would have been much better. But, maybe they weren't being paid to do that type of traffic detail. Let's face it, a change was needed, the Goldwing days are over. Like anything in life, it's what you make of it. Some people don't like the crowds and noise and some people don't care. As far as the Block Party goes, my only suggestion would be to have bands that are geared more toward a general audience. A classic rock band in the mix would have been great. We only saw the Friday shows. The bands were really good, but a bit too heavy on the country rock genre. Just my opinion. Big Sky Country were really good and entertaining and engaged the audience, Kat Wright band was extremely talented (probably the best of all the bands), but it was the wrong venue for them and the crowd was walking away. Too many ballads. The Mallett Brothers band was excellent too. I've seen them before, but again, more country rock. I noticed that when any of the bands played a classic rock song, it went over big. My experience is, at events like this, people like to hear songs they know. All of the bands that played, were mostly original music, which is good, but people tend to lose interest if they don't recognize the songs. But, no matter what Americade does, not everyone will be happy. We enjoyed the changes. Keep up the good work!! So, there it is...my two cents. Ride safe and have a great riding season!!

David

preziosi64

Re: My Americade 2018 Review

Postby preziosi64 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Good review. We did not attend the block party. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony at the Fort William Henry looking at the lake. But I agree Americade is what you make of it!

Return to “General”