Winners & Daily Raffle

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

FrankJ

Winners & Daily Raffle

Postby FrankJ » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi, boy is it quiet here! Couple comments:

1) where is the winners of the skill events, slow race etc.

2) Bike judging winners

3) was there a light parade?

Suggestion: The daily prize raffle tickets you get at registration, was the FWH the only place you could check to see if you won, it was a pain to park there just to check the board, it would be nice, and real convenient if they were also posted at Tour Expo and the information booth at the corner of Canada st.

Thanks!
Frank

FrankJ

Re: Winners & Daily Raffle

Postby FrankJ » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Doesn't any Americade staff monitor this forum? I'm sure they would have the answers to my question

Thanks

WCLamb
Staffer

Postby WCLamb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Frank - The message board is in a state of limbo until we can decide how to change the registration process. There's a backlog of 1800+ spammers trying to gain access from all over the world. For now, staff is holding off on tending it for the time being.

Mainah

Postby Mainah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:17 am

WCLamb wrote:Frank - The message board is in a state of limbo until we can decide how to change the registration process. There's a backlog of 1800+ spammers trying to gain access from all over the world. For now, staff is holding off on tending it for the time being.

Well, that's a bummer. I hope they get things sorted out. I haven't had much to post this year but I do check weekly to see if there is anything. I've joined the Facebook generation, but still communicate on a few boards like this one. Been so busy I haven't put over 100 miles on the bike this year but hopefully, things will be back to normal by next June.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

FrankJ

Postby FrankJ » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:25 am

WCLamb wrote:Frank - The message board is in a state of limbo until we can decide how to change the registration process. There's a backlog of 1800+ spammers trying to gain access from all over the world. For now, staff is holding off on tending it for the time being.

Thanks WC, sad to hear that, looking back at the posts even from a year ago, there are very few replies to any of the topics. Years ago I loved this board, lots of horror stories about motel conditions, restaurants good an bad, think this helped people who were attending Americade for the first time.

Frank

RhodeTrip

Postby RhodeTrip » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:51 pm

I agree with Frank, 14 years ago this site was a great resource when planning my first Americade.
Jim
2015 Yamaha Super Tenere

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Mainah wrote: Been so busy I haven't put over 100 miles on the bike this year but hopefully, things will be back to normal by next June.

Did I read that correctly? Your bike didn't top 100 miles all year?

The only time my bike didn't top 100 miles all year is when it was sitting on the showroom floor of the dealership. Since then it hasn't had a month's break. LOL

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:33 pm

WCLamb wrote:There's a backlog of 1800+ spammers trying to gain access from all over the world.

Thanks for keeping the board spam free.

Mainah

Postby Mainah » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:50 am

Ryck wrote:
Mainah wrote: Been so busy I haven't put over 100 miles on the bike this year but hopefully, things will be back to normal by next June.

Did I read that correctly? Your bike didn't top 100 miles all year?

The only time my bike didn't top 100 miles all year is when it was sitting on the showroom floor of the dealership. Since then it hasn't had a month's break. LOL

Pretty sad, eh. Between shopping for and moving into our new house and then taking care of all the things needed to put the old one on the market, I've been busier than the proverbial one-armed paper hanger. Can't complain too much as the new place should be much lower maintenance and I'll be able to make up for my lack of ride time next year. Got a lot of catching up to do.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Ameri-helper

Postby Ameri-helper » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:18 am

Hello,

All the Winners of Americade 2018 can be found under the News and Winners section of our website. Here is the direct link: https://americade.com/news-winners/item/americade-2018-winners

Ryck

Postby Ryck » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Ameri-helper wrote:Hello,

All the Winners of Americade 2018 can be found under the News and Winners section of our website. Here is the direct link: https://americade.com/news-winners/item/americade-2018-winners

No pictures? I know someone was taking pictures. I thought it was for the Americade magazine. Maybe there?

Return to “General”