Block Party Attendance 2019

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com

Block Party Attendance 2019

Postby harleyfiremedic@hotmail.com » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:30 pm

So....

With the concerts etc being on the street, does one need a wristband to get into the concerts>? How does that work on a public street?

Just trying to plan out how we are going to register this year. Coming up Thu to Sun.

Thanks and I hope it gets warm soon :)

Ryck

Re: Block Party Attendance 2019

Postby Ryck » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:00 pm

I went to see one of the street bands during the block party. I saw no one checking anyone for wristbands.

Poindxter

Postby Poindxter » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:28 pm

It was a free event last year.
I really enjoyed it.
To me, it was the highlight of the rally
I see where thry are moving it off Canada Street in 2019 to Beach road.
Thats a shame
It just won't be the same
I dont nderstand how they can have such success with a brand new addition to the week (and let's face it Americade needs new attractions like the blokc party and music festival) and then they cripple it year #2.

Ameri-helper

Postby Ameri-helper » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 am

We just wanted to chime in here on this post to give an update.

The Block Party will have much of what last year's party had, though in a different location/layout. It's still going to be the center of attention, it remains free, it will have a similarly good music format, it will have stunts, and a beer corral. And the new location will simply be prettier (nice views of the lake). So, while we preferred to keep it on Canada Street, the new location "ain't too bad."

Best,

Dragonglide

Postby Dragonglide » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:21 pm

I for one, was not impressed with the sideshow... I mean block party... I HATED the fact that it messed up the main thoroughfare that I have loved walkin Friday and Saturday nights. I loved the sights and sounds. And meeting up with other enthusiasts and talking bout their rides and making new friends.

Maybe just maybe, it would have been better if there were better posted routes to get up and around that debacle. But now that it's been moved, I'm a bit happier about it. Call me selfish but I felt like I was paying, however indirectly for everyone to have a blast those two nights and it kinda bothered me. Didn't like that much.

But, and here is the big but, Americade had their ears to the tracks this year and heard a lot of what Americader's had said this past year and improved upon it. I must admit, up to this year, it did feel a bit like suggestions or complaints may have been falling on deaf ears. So I am happy to kno w we were heard, and that things changed, primarily for the better.

They say motorcycling as a whole is dying. I wish that weren't true. I personally find it hard to believe. So I am hoping this years ralley will make that worry a thing of the past. Last year was a rough year for our group, but we are returning, and positive that this will be one of the better years. I might even take a walk through the block party this year. Who knows.... I might even like it!!

I can't wait to see all my Americade comrades!! I always look forward to seeing bikes in a parking lot and realizing my motorcycle buddies are here!!

So here's to 2019!!

Ameri-helper

Postby Ameri-helper » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:13 am

Dragonglide, your points are all well taken. Please don't hesitate to send us your thoughts, and suggestions for improvement. After every Americade we send out a questionnaire to all of the registered attendees, and we read all (and I mean alllll) of them. It takes a while, but we closely listen, learn and try to improve every year.

See you in June!

Dragonglide

Postby Dragonglide » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Amerihelper,
Thanks for your response, My group is always into filling out the review questionaire. We do it every year we receive it. We were very excited to see a bunch of our submitted pictures both on the website and in the Americade Times! I even was in the video!! "it's the place to be!!"

Kind of makes up for putting the wrong picture in the program last year for me winning the 17 Low Rider. LOL. Still can't believe I won a bike at Americade.

So very happy that you guys moved the block party off the main drag, no matter what people say, I think it was a great decision to move it. See you all in June.

-DG

Mainah

Postby Mainah » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:47 am

Beach road makes a lot of sense for all the reasons mentioned. Should be a great party.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Return to “General”